Sunday 6 June 2010

Bow-Wow-Wow

The crowds of people gathered around my dayjob office on Friday. I love it when a cake gets people so excited!

The brief was as follows: a chocolate cake was required to feed the human guests at Harry the dog's 1st Birthday Party. Harry's Daddy had already ordered a special dog cake online - a cake made from various dog treats, designed to look like a cake - so I thought how fun it would be to give the humans a cake designed to look like dog food! How very topsy-turvey!



Harry's real-life dog bowl is red with little white bones on it, so I designed the cake to match this. How confused he must have been.



My absolute favourite detail on this cake is the dog crunchies in the bowl. Sadly, I cannot take credit for this as it was my Mr who suggested using breakfast cereal to top the cake. Not only was this the perfect aesthetic, but I have enjoyed two bowls of chocolate cereal this weekend as a result!

Tasty...

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment