Sunday 18 July 2010

Sunday Lovin'

What a week it has been! I have met with some truly fabulous ladies, all of whom are playing a part in helping me to get Restoration Cake off the ground.

I started the week in the offices of Fiona Humberstone at Flourish, discussing all things branding and web design. I came away with a lot to think about and loads of ideas. Plus, I cannot wait to buy a Pritt Stick and start making a mood board!

Then I had a lunch meeting with the lovely Sarah Murray of Perfect Wedding Magazine. We gossiped about weddings and cakes and wedding cakes in particular! I even received a thank you message from Sarah to thank me for the golden mini-red-velvet-cake that I gave her - which made it all the way back to the office in Bristol without being devoured on the train!

Yesterday, I had lunch with Tiffany Grant-Riley and Annabel Beeforth of Grant-Riley Weddings and Love My Dress (respectively) to meet and deliver a box of Baby Shower themed cupcakes for a photoshoot. Tiffany and Annabel are both gorgeous and both pregnant (positively blooming!) The shoot will be made up of a group of lovely ladies, all of whom are working in the wedding industry, and all of whom are pregnant or raising a child. When Tiffany approached me to supply some cupcakes for this shoot, I jumped at the chance to get involved. Though my current parenting experience is limited to spoiling my two kitten-babies, Sid and Nancy, I feel very strongly that women in business should stick together and support each other.

This week, I am proud to say that I have been featured on Rock 'n' Roll Bride. I noticed a tweet that Kat Williams had posted saying how excited she was about her forthcoming re-brand and I offered to make a celebration cake for the occasion. Thankfully, Kat was happy to accept a cake! The new look Rock 'n' Roll Bride went live this week and Restoration Cake was lucky enough to share a little of the Rock 'n' Roll spotlight!

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2010/07/things-are-looking-a-bit-sparkly-new-around-here/

As if this was not enough for one week, I am thrilled to tell you that I have been featured on Rock 'n' Roll Bride once more today!

A few weeks ago, I was photographed by the gorgeous Miss Lex of Rockabetty Studios. Lex came to my place - along with Miss Ellen, her fabulous make-up artist - and they papped me as a 1950's pin-up girl! The experience was amazing! I really felt like a star. You can see other examples of Rockabetty Studios work at their Flickr page and I will blog a link to their website as soon as it goes live. What I will say in the meantime is that Rockabetty Studios are available for hire and their standard package includes a home visit, champagne, make-up and hair-styling, costumes, and a set of photoshop-finished pics.

Both Miss Lex and I have been leaking my finished photos on Twitter and these caught Kat's eye. Today, my Rockabetty photos have been featured as Kat's Sunday Kind of Love post.

So for those of you who have not yet visited Rock 'n' Roll Bride and fallen into Kat's wonderful world of weddings with a difference, I attach the following link, where you will be able to see the full set of photos that I did with Rockabetty as Miss Charlotte! I know that one visit will leave you as hooked on Kat's world as I am.

http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2010/07/a-sunday-kind-of-love-restoration-cake/

Cx


A little something to whet your appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment