Saturday 14 November 2009

A Little Of What You Fancy…

My philosophy has always been to find pleasure in the little things: those small everyday miracles that raise a smile and make life worth living. My favourites include running my hand along railed fences, cuddling, and Diet Coke.

Over the last year, we have all spent time considering the price that we are prepared to put on our happiness. As budgets and belts have tightened, louder and louder becomes the whispered notion…

‘perhaps I don’t need all this stuff to make me happy’

I have no intention of going into a lengthy diatribe on a subject that I am sure we are all very tired of by now but I will ask you to ponder on an anecdote from the life of our patron, King Charles II.

As a young boy, Charles was offered every luxury. He had an independent household at St James’ Palace with a large entourage, as befitted the heir to a Stuart Crown. Not unlike other children, Charles had a favourite toy and he took this with him everywhere he went. Whenever the toy was taken away, Charles would cry; he even took it to bed with him. The toy was a small plank of wood.

So it is with this profound love for all the small things that I was busy in my kitchen last night. Cupcakes with a wintery festive theme. Ice blue for the Vanilla, snow-peaked mountains for the Chocolate Cheesecake and sparkling snowflakes all round!

Pictures for you…

C



No comments:

Post a Comment